Posted by Elena Dieppa on Saturday, February 12, 2011 Under: HEALTHY HABITS
GET STARTED LOSING WEIGHT:
Losing weight doesn't have to be hard if you just apply a few healthy habits...
- Drink half your body weight in ounces water; add more if you participate in sports, take medicines and/or sit in sauna's. The minimum you should be consuming is half your body weight, i.e. 200 lbs = 100 ounces of water, not coffee, soda, juices or tea.
- It is important to eat on a regular schedule to keep your metabolism moving rapidly. The average person is awake 16 - 18 hours a day, and should be eating every 3 hours (5 meals a day each consisting between 200 - 400 calories/keep track of your calories).
- Eat plenty of raw veggies, fiber is good for attracting fat and keeping your colon clean.
- Drink water before every meal, it’s an appetite suppressant.
- Drinking a glass of water with Glucomannan Fiber from www.KonjacFoods.com added to the water will help you eat less, control sugar levels, and slow down carbohydrate absorption. It is a natural filler with zero calories, also great to use as a gravy/soup thickener.
- Make sure you eat enough protein to rebuild your muscle tissue. Consider adding proteins shakes in between meals, www.RoseAcreFarms.com carries an “all egg white protein” with no additives or sugars; blend with your favorite fruit or almond milk, add a little Glucomannan fiber to make the perfect low calorie, thick, high protein shake. (check out their recipes when you visit their site)
- Calculate how much protein your body needs,
not enough protein will have you spinning your wheels when working out
not achieving any results. Women need more than men!
- Try to go organic as much as possible, avoid foods (chicken, beef, milk) containing hormones, steroids, or antibiotics. Avoid pre-packaged deli-meat.
- Eat the bad foods in the morning before noon. Start your day with your largest meal, as the day goes on cut back on your carbohydrates, at midday your meal should be medium, and your last meal should be small, consisting mostly of Protein and Vegetables. Your eating plan should be low in sugar and sodium (salt).
- Carbohydrates and proteins each take 2 hours to digest, when mixed you need 4 hours to digest, this does not mean you burned the calories you digested. Balance the food you eat with physical activity to maintain or improve your weight.
- Try your best to stay away from refined or artificial sugars and enriched foods.
- Make sure your eating plan consists of plenty of protein, veggies, and fruits.
- Avoid fast food restaurants, 2 peanut butter & jelly sandwiches is still way better than any meal at a fast food place!
- If you drink alcoholic beverages, do so in moderation. Alcohol is high in calories and has no nutrients. AVOID drinks that are mixed with juices, sodas or milk.
- Switch from "cow milk" to Almond Milk, taste better and its healthier for you. It contains less calories and No Hormones!
- Lay off coffee and sodas; consider switching to green tea. If you don’t like the taste of tea, but need the caffeine boost www.wholehealth.com sells Green Tea capsules that will satisfy the caffeine need without any calories.
- Like a pool your body also needs to maintain a
balanced PH, if your diet has consisted of acid forming foods chances are
your PH is on the low side which causes various diseases, you can add PH
drops to your water to help balance your body (recommended www.OrizonResearch.com) and/or eat a
high alkaline diet. Click here to see the a list of Acid/Alkaline Foods.
BUILD MUSCLE TO HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT:
- Workout with weights at least 3 times per week. Muscle weights more than fat and burns about 4 times the calories as fat.
- Desiccated Liver a safe and natural way to pump up muscles without steroid use. Non-synthetic, no risk of Iron poisoning. Excellent for individuals that suffer from iron deficiency, low energy, constant body coldness and dark circles under eyes.
- Make sure illness does not interrupt your workouts, colostrum is an excellent way to boost your immune system and get your needed vitamins. www.FirstMilking.com has one of the highest quality colostrum in the market. Safe for babies and adults. Great way to avoid the Flu shot and beat allergies.
- Be aware of how many calories you need a day. Education is the best policy in living a healthier life, click here to Calculate Calories needed.
- And finally when you start working out especially with weights, weight yourself before you begin and then PUT AWAY the scale in a place you cannot see it or get to it easy! Muscles weighs more than fat, so as you are building muscle and replacing the fat with muscle your weight might not fluctuate much, seeing this on the scale might be not be encouraging. It is best to measure yourself and use this as a true guide to how much body fat % your are losing and how much lean muscle you are gaining, linear has a good calculator to help you calculate your figures, recommended to visit prior to starting a workout sessions.
In : HEALTHY HABITS
Tags: working out exercising fiber water body fat calculator bmi colustrom alkaline glucomannan protein metabolism lymphatic building muscle losing weight
blog comments powered by Disqus